Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Accessorize

Have you ever gotten a piece of jewelry that you just know that 
you're going to have for a lifetime? A piece that just 
has so much permanency and joy to it? No? No such serious jewelry? Well I did. This weekend.
My best friend asked me to marry him. 
I said yes. 
For the good of us both. 
This was us pre-engagement. 
That was actually the night before it happened. 
Just not a good look. 
Dating obviously did not look good on us. 
Enter, betrothal. 

We had plans to go to Denver this past weekend but I, being the 
responsible teacher I am, decided we should hang back. And so ensued date night. Normal, run of the mill, date night. We went out to dinner, shopped and got a movie. We were talking about the ever popular topic of marriage in the car on the way to my house. We parked, I got out and unbeknownst to me, my other half was about the make the biggest move of his life. He simply got out of the car and met me with a little box. All I heard was "Well, I don't want to wait any longer." The rest is a blur, a love coma of a blur. All I know is that I think I said yes kidding, I did! 





No comments:

Post a Comment